Sunday, July 14

Art: numerous connections and ways to see 2








On top: Woman playing acoustic guitar (detail), Renoir, 1841 Right: the painting, Left: Another detail.


I wrote a post about an experience in Beaubourg museum and promise to write about others connections with art, especially visual.
Another way of appreciation is when I go to an exhibition of the artist with numerous pieces from different periods.
I remember a Renoir collection set on Petit Palais.
Funny that in some exhibitions I go from one painting after another but when I look a the whole room nothing happens.
It was not the case of this experience. After watching each picture I took a glimpse at the whole and all l of a sudden I focused my eyes in a way where I could feel the seven colors in Renoir's white.
Renoir juxtaposes colors - watch the detail on the right - but not the seven colors that makes white. Still my mind made this decomposition of the white in seven colors.

That was a great feeling and I'll never forget it.