Wednesday, August 11

Two Bauhaus icons: Wassily and Barcelona chairs

At the post I showed my house at virtual world I'm at the garden at the gathering place. There are two Barcelona chairs that is a furniture that the architect Mies van der Rohe has designed in 1929 for the Barcelona Pavillion that was also one of his creations. This chair became a worldwide icon and is sold in many countries. The Wassily chair was designed by Marcel Breuer in 1925 for the painter Wassily Kandinsky that was a teacher at Bauhaus where der Rohem and Breuer were also working. It's amazing how innovative and futuristic these creations are and it is hard to classify them as a classic, but that is what they are. I am sat at a chair inspired in the Bubble chair designed by Eero Aarnio in 1968 but I will talk about this one in another post. I realized that I didn't write anything about Bauhaus and it is about time. I have a Barcelona chair in my real house. That is why I did chose it.