Saturday, October 1

Anna Politkovskaya in love


As I wrote at this post I'm doing a tribute to Anna Politkovskaya. This is a very beautiful moment of peace in Anna's life. She speaks one minute and her smile is so beautiful!

Woman: "Many thanks to you Anya! You are like the dove of peace for us. Poems are written about you. Chechen women pray for you."

Anna: "I'm deeply grateful." Actually I just got back from Norway where I fell in love. So the whole way back I was dreaming about a possible future for us." 

Woman: "You fell in love?"

Anna: "Absolutely!"

Woman: "No kidding!'

Anna: "Head over heel at first sight! I would never have thought this could happen to me. My entire life, I've never felt as good as I do now. Even going to Chechnya, no matter how dreadful it is, I somehow feel inspired, not burdered, as I always do."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second woman speaking is the director of the documentary, A Bitter Taste of Freedom . Her name is Marina Goldovskaya. If you are interested in the life of Ms. Politkovskaya, the documentary provides an uniquely personal perspective on her reporting.

Ana said...

Thank you very much.
I'm trying to find the movie. I really wanna see it.