Friday, October 7

Tribute to Anna Politkovskaya: Fifth anniversary of assassination

Five years ago Anna was shot dead when entering the building of her apartment: " ...the pro-Kremlin premier of Chechnya." Yaroshevsky noted, according to the Times, that "a Makarov 9-millimeter pistol had been dropped at her side, the signature of a contract killing."* .
I want to remember her as the great journalist and woman she was.
The video shows her working always with the passion, commitment in search for justice.
I have publish some posts about Anna Politkovskaya and the first post I published at this blog was this one about her with this quote:
"...I want to be able to live the life of a human being, where every individual is respected, in my lifetime."
Anna Politkovskaya
According to International Freedom Exchange 300 Russians journalists were killed between 1993 to 2010.
* source: "The Chicago Blog"